SC - FW: Fields of Gold information

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Aug 18 08:08:36 PDT 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie
>"UnruhBays, Melanie A" wrote:
>>
>> Here's our answer:
>>
>> "<snip>
>>
>> This Tasting is designed to bring out the Grandiose.  Many would argue that
>> Chocolate is not period, But I say that Spain landed in the new world in
>> 1492, and if you found Chocolate, would you share?????

actually, they didnt find "chocolate". They found cacao and
xchortlxodeocxle or whatever the indiginous people called it. Chiles and all.
Chocolate is more an invention of the dutch in the late 1600's early 1700s,
from my reading. And we dont have a single recipe for it in the cookbooks
I've seen, only a mention or two in health manuals and that one treatise on
the stuff...

*sigh*....still, folks will do what is important to them. These folks
obviously find different things important than I do. Oh well! It will be
interesting to see what folks come up with...

- --AM, letting it go, letting it go...