SC - FW: Fields of Gold information

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Aug 18 18:10:10 PDT 1999

JEANNE STAPLETON wrote, when I said:

> > if presented correctly and honestly. On the other hand, I'm glad I won't
> > be able to judge at this; it seems like a glorious opportunity for
> > potential bad taste. I wonder how many Chocolate Raspberry Mint Cream
> > cordials will be entered?
> >
> Probably a lot!  Probably Triple Fudge Brownie Mocha Decadence Chocolate
> Stout Cake!

AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ahem. I feel better now.

You know, I've been following this thread closely, and while this may
not be totally relevant, there's something I just have to get off my chest.

I like chocolate. Really, I do. But there tends to be something in the
eye, the gesture, the vocal tones of someone who brings chocolate to
events (at least in my experience) that suggests some clumsy sort of
seduction. Some unspoken suggestion that you'd have to be utterly mad
not to leap over the table to get at that Chocolate Raspberry Mint Cream
Triple Fudge Brownie Mocha Decadence Chocolate Stout Cake Chocolate
Chocolate Chocolate Etcetera Orgasm On a Plate, or in a cup, or whatever.

I find it insulting to my intelligence and an affront to my good taste.
It's a suggestion that I can be so easily reduced to animal mindlessness
with something so trivial, even if it's a _good_  something trivial.
Everyone knows what is required to reduce me to animal mindlessness is
fresh white truffle grated onto homemade tagliatelle, tossed with thick
green olive oil and coarse sea salt. ;  )

And now, back to something relevant...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy