SC - Food in 'Garbage Bins'

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 10:49:52 PDT 1999

>Here in the "ar*e end of the world" (Australia - that was actually quite
>from a former Prime Minister - go figure!), we've used un-garbagged bins
>for
>drink mixing from the time they were first commercially available. You
>mostly see this done when there are large gatherings, and most bins are
>clearly marked "Food Use Only".

At two camps we use for events I have seen garbage can sized plastic bins
marked "WATER" or "FOOD USE ONLY", some with a tap at the base.  With or
without a label, they tend to be bright yellow or clear, as opposed to
garbage cans which are grey or green. They may or may not be made of a
different sort of plastic. They look useful for the kitchen (back stage) at
events and I've been going to suggest our barony invest in one or two.  I've
seen 20 and 40 gallon sizes.

Bonne