SC - Questions about Archives and Carrots

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Aug 23 07:37:40 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/19/99 12:14:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
berengaria at hotmail.com writes:

<< As for
 >maroon carrots, I wonder if beets are involved in some way? >>

White and red (and shades thereof) were the norm for carrots colors in the
MA, SFAIK. The orange carrot is a relatively modern invention. Most good seed
houses carry white carrot seed as well as red and purple varieties. These
offerings are most often found under the category 'Novelties'.

Since red forms were available I seriously doubt that beets were a factor.

Ras