SC - OT -bellpepper baking

Mon Aug 23 12:33:03 PDT 1999

> Bear said:
>
> >Ah, but that is precisely what to do with the parboiled bellpeppers --
> bake
> them!  Stuffed with a properly seasoned filling.
>
> Awright, Bear-my-love, what is the proper seasoning to use to disguise the
> nasty flavor of bell peppers? I can eat any of the hot peppers in
> abundance,
> including the relatively mild poblanos, but the bell peppers make me wish
> recycle my meals into the air.....
>

> Phlip

Habaneros!  If you put enough habaneros in it, you shouldn't be able to
taste anything else.

Seriously, I wonder if you might not prefer the taste of a younger bell
pepper.  My impression has been that the older the pepper gets, the thicker
the sides of the pepper and the more bitter the taste.  You might find a
young pepper more to your liking.

On a more whimsical note, we could bake a pepper-shaped and pepper-colored
bread loaf spiced with Piper nigrum and replace the bell pepper altogether.

Bear