SC - Lefse/hleifr

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 18:42:28 PDT 1999

- --- Nanna_Rögnvaldardóttir <nannar at isholf.is> wrote:

> I´ve been trying to find an English translation of
> the saga of Hakon the Old
> (Haakon IV of Norway) - it is in the Flateyjarbók
> and written in the early
> 14th century, IIRC, but have been unsuccessful so
> far.

I can't find an English translation either.  The
closest I can find is this and it's not a translation:

Skalhotsbiok jngsta.
  The sagas of King Sverrir and King Hakon the Old :
manuscript no. 81 A fol. in the Arnamagnaean
collection.  Edited by L. Holm-Olsen.  Copenhagen :
Rosenkilde and Bagger, 1961.
  16 p., 120 [i.e. 240]p. (Early Icelandic manuscripts
in facsimile, v.3)

Huette