SC - gilding the goose? flooding the kitchen!

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Aug 26 10:51:18 PDT 1999

NO, NO, NO!  Don't put dish liquid in your dishwasher or your washing
machine.  My 9 year old grandson read the label of some palmolive dish
soap, saw it was for dishes, filled the dishwasher powder container in
the door, and turned on the dishwasher.  Fortunately, his sister saw the
welling suds escaping through door cracks before it got *too* far!  I do
wish I'd remembered the camera when I opened the door!

Wanting to disinfect some scuzzy thing I was washing, I once put 'just a
little squirt' of an antibacterial dish liquid into the washer.  Not so
spectacular as V. Jay's attempt, but don't you do it!

If the rinsing is the only issue, just use plain water--i.e., run the
feathers through without any additives.  Might not be as much fun, but
it's food-grade safer!

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA