SC - Removes or courses?

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Fri Aug 27 00:46:19 PDT 1999

I can certainly try to do any translation you want if someone provide me
of some primary sources. Infortunately I have only access to secondary
sources, known for many of you. By the way, I am due to stay at home
several days, INMOVILIOZED, since I took a wrong step (literally :) and
dislocated one knee and a foot.
I go with crutches now.
Ana

"Alderton, Philippa" skrev:

> Bear said:
>
> >Menagier's use of "issue" is interesting.  It might be worthwhile to look
> at
> the nuances of the French word to see if there is a more appropriate English
> word.
>
> What we need are sets of appropriate and period terms in different languages
> to use for different types of feast.  That would help liven up the menu. <
>
> I'm certainly willing to look in the languages I read. If Nanna and Ana
> would throw in their languages, I think we could cover all of Europe, minus
> Russia, and I'll post a note to another List to see what I can find in
> Turkish and Greek, both modern and period. Anybody want to try Russian?
>
> If you guys will send me the phrases from Le Managier, in the original,
> which have led to translation of the word as issue, I'll do my best to help
> you out there as well.
>
> Phlip
>
> Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.
>
> phlip at morganco.net
>
> Philippa Farrour
> Caer Frig
> Southeastern Ohio