SC - Slugdom Feasting

Chris and Trish Makowski roecourt at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 28 13:52:18 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: Alderton, Philippa <phlip at morganco.net>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Saturday, August 28, 1999 15:37
Subject: Re: SC - OT- Slugdom

>"Lainie says:
>
>>Of course I'm a Banana Slug! They are the most glamorous! (And best with
>ice cream and cherries!)
>
>Recipe, please?

Phlip,

Are you watning to nibble on 'Lainie??!! I thought she was Queen of the slug
festival, not snack food. I realise that slug noshing is European, and
probably period, but who wants to eat shell-less escargo? For that matter,
how many want to shelled escargo?

I can see a feast of "Foods We Hate" featuring:

Boiled okra, stuffed bell peppers, escargo, lye-flavored lutefisk, Aztec
cocoa (served by statuesque men and women clad only in leopard skins to make
it a wee bit more paletable),  a centerpiece dish of Ras's testicles and
Phlip's brains, a goose gilded in REAL gold, and to top it all off
cuskynoles and 'Lainie in slug-dom costume covered in ice cream and cherries
for dessert with OOP coffee for those who want it.

Feel free to add to the list.

'Laine, you gonna post a picture of yerself in all your Slug-dom Finery for
us to admire? Will it be with or without ice cream and cherries?

Anya