SC - uses for leftover almond crumbs?

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Sun Aug 29 21:11:40 PDT 1999

The recipe is real simple.  Beat the egg whites, sugar and salt until peaks
are forming and fold into the ground almonds.  Spoon onto greased cookie
sheets press down with fork. Bake at 325 for 10-15 min.  Remove with
spatula to racks and cool for 10 min.

When I made these for the dessert competition I also added a 1/2 teaspoon
each of cinnamon and clove to the recipe.

Another recipe from this book that you might like is Mustacudos which are
Rhodian spicy nut balls for Passover.

Combine 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp ground clove. Add 1
1/2 cups ground walnuts and 2 1/2 cups ground almonds to make a dough. Roll
into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheets.  Bake 350 for 10-12
min or until bottoms are golden.  Cool for 10 minutes to set before
removing to racks.

Both have been a big hit here in Ansteorra whenever I have made them.

Sindara