SC - Dulce de leche

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Mon Aug 30 04:53:20 PDT 1999

Read my posted message. It its a Spanish recipe, but the original its
supposed to be Arabic. It come to Mexico and Latinamerica with the
Conquest (the cattle was imported from Europe to South America. Aztecas
and Incas had not any milk at all, and the base of the dish is milk).
But "dulce de leche" is also eaten and made in Belgium, Holland and
Switzeland.
Regards
Ana

LrdRas at aol.com skrev:

> In a message dated 8/30/99 12:13:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mermayde at juno.com writes:
>
> << So, dulce de leche = sweet of milk?  Where does that come from?
>
>     Trying to catch up,
>     Christianna >>
>
> This recipe is a Mexican specialty. Or rather a Mexican peasant dish. It is
> really rather good if you like sweets and the recipe can be found in most
> Mexican (not to be read Tex-Mex) cookery manuals. It is also found in some
> Puerto Rican manuals so I suspect it was Spanish in origin.
>
> Ras

- --
http://www.algonet.se/~agora  Hemsida och skyltfönster
http://www.algonet.se/~agora/ada Nättidning för kvinnor och män med