SC - uses for leftover almond crumbs?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 30 05:07:59 PDT 1999

"Sharon R. Saroff" wrote:

> The recipe is real simple.  Beat the egg whites, sugar and salt until peaks
> are forming and fold into the ground almonds.  Spoon onto greased cookie
> sheets press down with fork. Bake at 325 for 10-15 min.  Remove with
> spatula to racks and cool for 10 min.

I don't know if this was an issue for you, but it's been my experience
you should start beating the egg whites and salt first, until the
mixture is white and fluffy, before adding your sugar, or it won't form
those peaks...lots of people know this and take it for granted, but if
you've never done it before it could be a problem. That would be a
shame, because these sound lovely.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy