SC - choosing a Persona

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 10:00:35 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/5/1999 9:29:58 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

<< I love the naming threads. I find it fascinating to see how people develop
their
 personnas and names. >>

Alright Poppa, you asked for it :->

My full SCA name is Fekete Noemi.  Full registered name is Fekete Hollo
Noemi, but I've recently found out that in period only a single last name
would be used.  Noemi is the first name, since all Magyar (and Hungarian
names are in "reverse" order).

My persona is that of a Conquest Era (895 CE) Magyar chieftain's daughter.
I'm still really trying to pin down exactly what I would have worn (after 9
years of this persona, good sources are hard to find for this time period),
but the basics are trousers and tunics.  I only cover my head to keep the sun
off and reduce sunburn.

Noemi