SC - Salted Meat- Need help unsalting

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Fri Aug 6 16:31:38 PDT 1999

>Does anyone have a tried and true method for unsalting meat whose
>ingredients do not require a cooler?????
>
>I know it's last minute, but I have been defending my thesis and so food
>prep had to wait until today.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Cu drag,
>Bogdan

Hello Bogdan!

Laud MS 553
2.  Amendement of salt mete. Tak a fare lynne clout/ & do therynne a
disshful of ote-mele, byne hit, & hange it in thy pot doun to ye boteme.
Set it from ye fuyr & let hit kele/ suththe set hit a[3]en to ye fuyr/ &
drawe out thy clout & that is goude.

Amendment of salt meat.  Take a fair linen cloth/ & put therein a dishful
of oatmeal, bind it, & hang it in thy bot down to the bottom. Set it from
the fire & let it cool/ afterwards set it again to the fire/ & draw out thy
cloth & that is good.

HTH,

Cindy Renfrow/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net