Northern Foods was Re: SV: SC - Introducing Myself

Sat Aug 7 05:42:21 PDT 1999

> > "malvasir" (don´t know what that is)."
>
> I wonder if that's a reference to malvoisie or malmsey, which I believe
> is a sweet, fortified wine similar to sherry and port. The Julebrods,
> BTW, sound suspiciously like wafers, I'd say, based on their ingredients
> and flat state.
>

> Adamantius

Interestingly, I purchased some for cooking a couple weeks ago.  The only
malmsey available was an American Malvasia Bianca.  It is a sweet wine a
slight acidic bite.  It is lighter than port or sherry and I don't believe
it has been fortified.

Bear