SC - Lima beans and Puff the cat

JEANNE STAPLETON jstaplet at du.edu
Sat Aug 7 20:01:35 PDT 1999

> I'm with you!  I rate lima beans as a non-food item.  My
> household
> divides itself into branches over lima beans.
>
> I had a great scam with my mom's cat (who was a rescued stray)
> growing
> up:  Puff would sit beside my chair under the table at dinner
> and when
> we had lima beans, I would rotate the plate until the lima beans
> were
> at five o'clock and flip them off under my arm one at a time
> with my
> fork.  Puff neatly fielded all of them and appeared to feel they
> were
> acceptable for feline consumption.
>
> Berengaria
>
> <<<<<<<<
>
> Interesting that your comments should dredge up such a
> long-forgotten memory, but wasn't Puff the name of Dick & Jane's
> (from the reader fame) cat?  I have vague memories of an orange
> tabby at the feet of baby Sally's high chair.  We were friends
> in 1st grade, and they have a treasured place in my heart (grin)

Tyrca,

Puff was indeed Dick and Jane's cat.  Our Puff was a fluffy little white
cat, and my mother did not have the wide-ranging imagination that I have
always possessed.   :-)  I gave him the middle name "Pierre", just
because, and the rest of the family always remembered him as "Puff
Pierre" or "Pierre", if that tells you anything.

That cat was a garbage-gut.  An inspiration to omnivores everywhere.

Berengaria