SC - On a Tangential, OT Note - Was: Potato salad+pasta sala

JEANNE STAPLETON jstaplet at du.edu
Sat Aug 7 20:32:37 PDT 1999

> Alasdair mac Iain wrote:
> >Lima beans are great.  Brussels sprouts, on the other hand, are obviously
> >an invention of the devil.
>
> As a child i loved brussel sprouts, lima beans and spinach.
>
> I've lost my love for brussel sprouts, although i still like them. I don't
> know why people hate lima beans? Can this be explained?

They do not have a food like flavor or texture.  They're like eating
alien spores.  No amount of butter could cover this deficiency.

> One reason i loved brussel sprouts is that it's fun to eat them leaf by leaf...

I do not like brussels sprouts because they don't like me.  I'm
allergic to them.

> Spinach - My mom always served it with sour cream and lemon slices. And i
> still think it's delicious - and i've found new ways to eat it - such as
> many varieties of spinach salad, and also the Thai dish Phra Ram (Rama
> Bathing) served with a lightly spiced coconut milk-peanut sauce.
>
> Anahita Munirah bint-Karim al-hakim al-Fassi

Now, spinach I *love*.  Sour cream and lemon slices?  That sounds most
interesting...how was that prepared/presented?

Berengaria