SC - Romantic Foods

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 16:10:20 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/10/99 2:40:48 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jstaplet at du.edu writes:

<<
 I haven't, but I want to!  I've heard of it.

 Berengaria

 On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Linda Peterson wrote:

 > Has anyone seen the Japanese film -Tampopo-?
 >
 > Mirhaxa >>

I've seen it, and found it not worth the reputation it has.  The acting, of
course, was  of the oriental style: overly dramatic.  The dubbing didn't
help.  It probably wouldn't have been quite so bad if I spoke Japanese.  The
plot is that a young widowed mother runs a fast food shop serving Ramen type
noodles. She is helped to develop the perfect recipe for the noodles by a
rough and ready type truck driver who also keeps hoodlums from taking over
the shop and comforts the widow in the time honored way.  (See "The Notebooks
of Lazarus Long" by R.A, Heinlein)  It's interspersed with scenes of a zen
teacher instructing a student in the proper way to appreciate Ramen noodles.

Mordonna