SC - Mystery Recipes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Aug 12 14:59:33 PDT 1999

Steve & Kerri Geppert wrote:

> Mystery #1
> 2 c. flour
> 1 t. soda
> 1 t. salt
> 1/2 c. shortening
> 1 c. sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1 orange rind
> 1 c. raisins

The proportions of Mystery #1 suggest something vaguely
biscuit/cookie-ish to me, with the presence of soda but probably not
intended as a major leavening agent. I bet this would make a fairly
stiffish dough (little liquid, the eggs amounting to roughly 1/2 cup [4
oz liquid, ~120 gms] ). Try putting tablespoonsful or 1-inch balls of
this on a baking sheet and let it go for about 12 minutes in a moderate
oven. Perhaps Bear could check my work?

I'll have to get abck to you on Mystery #2

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com