SC - Dinner last night

Diana Haven tantra at optonline.net
Fri Aug 13 17:32:54 PDT 1999

"Michael F. Gunter" wrote:

> Well it was quite a bit of food for 8 - 10 people. Let's see it was 4 pounds of
> lobster,

s'cuse me?  *only*?  I can eat about 2 lbs of lobster, 2 lbs of crab,
and a lb of shrimp *myself*!

3 pounds of salmon, 2 pounds of scallops, 2 pounds of shrimp, 2 pounds
> of steak,

you have my heart with salmon.  scallops I tend to be rather picky about
(got a batch once from a friend - they were nasty sandy) and I don't
know many people who make steak the only way I can stomache it (bloody -
a good vet should be able to get it up and mooing in about 10 minutes)

plus rice, peas, bread, rich sauces, asparagus, half a watermelon and
> two good sized merengue pies. And the leftovers fit in the average small
> tupperware lunch dish.

 the rest is filler food - although, I love asparagus!  I don't know
about y'all, but I seem to be able to eat much more seafood, and veggies
than red meat.

I tend to love my Atkins diet (protein and fats, little carbs) and this
sounds like a feast to die for!  When's the next shindig?  I can bring
truffles, brownies(with Chambord) or a missisippi mud cake :-).

Diana

Dreaming of all that lovely seafood.....