SC - Salted Meat- Need help unsalting

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Sat Aug 14 02:36:11 PDT 1999

After cooking more than my share of Smithfield hams, I can truthfully say you
would not want to use the discarded water for anything else.  The nature of it
is tooooo salty (perhaps at the very end before you begin to cook the meat the
liquid would be suitable for what you're talking about...imho)

Isabella