SC - Adventures with wafers -

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Aug 23 07:58:00 PDT 1999

hi all from Anne-Marie

I'd been meaning to tell you guys...at our non-SCA 15th century
re-enactment fest we made wafers wioth great success!

we used Adamantius' recipe and tweaking it a bit (less liquid, more flour,
etc). We used my cast iron wafer iron over the fire. Yum yum yum! Sorry, I
was in the bake house at the time making the days bread, so only got to
play with the fire, not the recipe bit, but they were awful fun to make and
even funner to eat (the dogs were even happy, since they got the ones that
the wind picked up and tossed off the wafer iron).

- --AM, who got to make bread every day in the medievally made oven. woo hoo!