SC - chick peas = aphrodisiac???

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Aug 24 15:49:01 PDT 1999

Just a bit I just read on chick peas that I thought some would find
interesting.

Barbara Santich notes on page 26 of "The Original Mediterranean Cuisine"
  In a different context, chick peas were regarded as the perfect
  aphrodisiac: they were nourishing; they were defined as hot and moist,
  as was semen; and they caused flatulence, the emission of gas
  somehow being seen as analogous to the 'soul' contained within semen.

Perhaps this gives a whole new meaning to "soul food".

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net