Cheep and filling - was Re: SC - Lefse/hleifr

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 12:22:47 PDT 1999

> >   When I
> > was in the kitchen, I planned a bread for each course.
> >
> > Bonne
> >
>What a wonderful idea!  It's just the way I like to bake for a feast.
>
>Bear

one of the few constraints my autocrat put on me was "please, god, don't
open the feast with grocery store french bread and cubes of Sam's big block
o'cheddar variety!"  I was quite happy to comply!  So, with one course I
served iambles (the not a sweet almond cookie variety) and with the second I
served (donated) whole wheat bread.

Next event, I want to try baking bread!   Depends on which of the usual
sites I'm at.   My co-cook is cooking an event this fall, and has been
baking two loaves of russian black bread a week and freezing them in her
deep freeze.

Bonne