SC - fancy feasts vs. simple feasts

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:25:55 PDT 1999

>I must agree with Lainie this time.  For our cooking guild will often try
>stuff that we don/t feel we can afford to make at a public feast.
>
>Too many times we are faced with gentles deciding if the cost/value of the
>feast is better than taking themselves to a buffet down the street.  At
>times
>I have heard, "Yes your food will be better, but its cheaper down the
>street."

Since I'm taking a family of 3, with the 4th about to give up "under 12 half
price" later this fall, I definately make the same comparison.  The
conclusion I most often come to is "yes, the food will be cheaper down the
street, but it's better here." Usually, feast is worth far more than I'm
paying, and the buffet down the street, worth far less than charged.  And if
my kids serve and my husband and I help cook, there's usually some sort of
discount involved.

Because we can't fit but so much gear in the car, must of our events are
close enough that the choice is between feast or home.

Bonne