SC - Removes or courses? An issue of interest...

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Thu Aug 26 11:39:04 PDT 1999

The term 'issue' may be specifically French, and apply to one or more
types of course.  I've been comparing my English and German versions of
The Medieval Kitchen, getting my German Glossary more terms, and have
noticed that the French authors use the word 'issue'  in 'Issue de
Table', in the English version, for the serving after dessert.  This
consists of Hypocras and a waffer, or marzipan tart, or something they
call 'Honey Nut Crunch'--a sweet nibble with the spiced wine, in other
words.

 For interest, the German term for 'course' is 'gang'.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc