SC - computer font problems

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 28 00:32:12 PDT 1999

> Actually it is not the computer's problem. It is the owner of the computer
> that is responsible. A simple visit to a good font site will provide the free
> fonts necessary to make their computer able to show the special characters.
> Simply download the appropriate font and install it. It's that simple.
>
> Ras

Perhaps. But often it is not as easy as you say it is.

Even if I use the correct fonts in the Florilegium, some of the machines
used to read the Florilegium are ancient (at least in computer terms) and
cannot easily have fonts added such as early PCs, Ataris, text terminals
and others. Other times various translation programs give problems. It is
and has been a continuous problem since I started on the networks back in
1989. Although things are getting better there is still a long way to go.
It wasn't that long ago that anything but straight ASCII caused problems.
As I'm trying very hard to make the information in the Florilegium available
to the largest possible audience, I'd rather not cut off some of this
audience if I can avoid it.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: