SC - haggis

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Aug 28 00:47:10 PDT 1999

Lady Katherine McGuire said:

>   There is a recipe for Haggis in my family cook book.  If I remember right
> it is made with oats, bits of pre cooked mutton,leeks, currents, cream, or
> good stock, with what ever dried fruit here was, and a bit of honey. This
> was cooked slightly to soften the oats, then stuffed in the "bag" and cooked
> for an unbelievable length of time, 6 hours I think.

Thank you. Your cookbook does cover a wide spread of years. Is there any
indication of when this particular recipe dates from? Interesting. Fruit
and cream and mutton and oats. It seems to incorporate a wide variety of
what I was beginning think of as different types of haggis.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****