SC - Estrella War XVI: Cooks invitation

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Aug 29 19:09:59 PDT 1999

Frederich said:
> A most wonderful web site indeed.
>
> At first I was forbidden to enter. Then upon entering, everything is N/A
> including the price and location.  Is this a hint. :-)
>
> I really would if time and money permit go to some other wars this year.

I too, might consider Estrella this year. I went to Estrella almost nine
years ago. It was my first big SCA event. Somehow, I just managed to have
a business trip to Phoenix that just happened to straddle the Friday
before and the Monday after the event. :-) This was when it was a bit
closer to Phoenix at the Estrella park. At that time there was a shuttle
service that would take you from the airport to the site. I don't know
if there is such a thing to the new site.

I am rather concerned though about the comment in the event webpage that says
there is "no natural shade". One of the things that made this year's Pennsic
so much nicer, in addition to the people I was camping with, was camping
down near the lake in the shade instead of roasting up on the Serengetti.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****