SC - [Fwd: Feast of the Lamb]

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 14:48:08 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/30/99 5:29:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tollhase1 at aol.com writes:

<< I have heard a rumor that we may do a baby cow next year.  >>

I doubt veal is in the offing. the host of the class is opposed to veal
production. My suggestion would be a pig. It is much more versatile and an
entire series of 'experts' can be lined up to teach specific things dealing
with the various uses of the pig. Cost wise it would be a better deal pound
per pound and the moral dilemma of veal would become nonexistent. I, for one,
would not participate in a veal class as I am sure the host of this year's
lamb class would be unwilling to do also. At least with a pig there would be
no need to do the 'kosher' butchering madness and the kill could even be
accomplished before the main body of the class arrived.

If this is not possible then I will offer to teach such a pig class. With a
year to plan it would be no problem.

Just my . 02 cents worth.

Ras