SC - Thanksgiving & Cooking gifts

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Dec 1 07:54:54 PST 1999

The dinner I cooked wasn't very traditional in any sense, but It was pretty
tasty. I was invited up to a friend's place and cooked for him and his son.
We had:

Oyster Stew

Roast Goose in the Weeds (It was intended to be a couple of ducks, but when
I went in to buy them on Wednesday, there wasn't a duck to be found in 3
different grocery stores- one store told me they'd ordered 25, which had
been delivered on Monday, and were gone by Wednesday morning)

Wild and brown rice

Weeds (broccoli spears, asparagus spears, and green beans, all fresh, kept
long, and steamed)

Fruit sauce (Strawberry jam, hot pepper jelly and dry red wine, heated back
to liquidity)

Presentation- Platter mounded with the rice, goose or duck(s) set in the
mound as in a nest, mixed weeds scattered around the bird, and some of the
fruit sauce spooned over the bird(s) for a bit of bright color, the rest
passed around the table.

My hot spinach salad

Corn bread, made with creamed corn and bits of various colored hot peppers

Pumpkin pie (his mother made it for him) with real whipped cream

As I said, not very traditional in any sense, but a very good feed.
Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus