SC - OT - Antipodean Holidays

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 16:12:32 PST 1999

Oh <dim lightbulb flashes over head> it's a Victorian thing! <look of relief
passes face>

So I'll just file this one along with the "Pie Floater" as things to remember
(and avoid)

:-p

Mari

_____________________________________
Kylie wrote....

Believe it or not, there really is a vanilla slice day - actually, it's
called the Great Australian Vanilla Slice Triumph - but I'm not sure that
anyone outside of Victoria would have heard of it! It's been held only for
two years now, but this year about 3000 people turned up in this tiny little
country town for it. Basically they challenge all comers to a bakeoff and
bakers professional and amateur enter their version of the vanilla slice (an
item I have always held in great disdain, but have recently discovered can
be rather good when done properly).

But what I want to know is - what is cane toad day??? I thought I was
joking... As far as I and all my Queensland rellies are concerned, cane toad
season lasts 365 days a year.

Kylie