SC - Help for Novices

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 18:04:54 PST 1999

Greetings all,

Yes I think Vanilla Slice Day must DEFINITELY be Victorian.

BTW - a vanilla slice is a thick slice of custard in the middle of two thin
slices of pastry with icing on top (usually passionfruit or lemon
flavoured).  So:

icing (thin)
pastry (thin)
custard (thick 1.5 inches high)
pastry (thin)

Made in large batches and cut into 1.5 by 3 inch slices

Or so it seems by the article I have in front of me that was sold by my
local canteen 15 mins ago.

Mel.