SC - Crossover from Meridien Tavernyard (humor) OT (sorta)

Richard Kappler II rkappler at home.com
Wed Dec 1 18:23:54 PST 1999

- --- Liam Fisher <macdairi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >     Now I  *have* a question:  whats a
> "clementine? "  I am guessing it is
> >citrus fruit  -- but where is it from?  and what is
> the taste?  and why
> >just
> >the zest for the cranberry sauce?
>
> Clementines are small oranges from California, I
> think, kinda like a
> tangerine...
>

> Cadoc

Really???  I have been living and eating oranges in
California for almost 48 years and I have never heard
of a clementine.  The only thing that I can think of
that is easy to peal and is small like a tangerine is
a tangello, which I thought was a cross between a
tangerine and a mandarin orange.  I will have to call
UC Riverside, which has a special project and grove of
all the citrus trees from the four corners of the
earth.  It they can't tell me about clemantines, then
no one can.

Huette