SC - [Fwd: [Cathedral] SCA feast/cooking write-up in newspaper]

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Wed Dec 1 20:54:26 PST 1999

That's pretty much it - except that apparently the "modern" version leans to
dusted icing sugar instead of icing. And some people put a layer of jam or
passionfruit pulp between the custard and the pastry.

At it's worst, it's this stodgy, sickly sweet thing with far too much icing
and soggy pastry. In fact, that was what I thought it was, full stop. But
have recently discovered the icing-less, flaky pastry version ...

And I think someone asked for a recipe - 'fraid I don't have one. At least,
I'm bound to have several, but being only a recent convert, I've never tried
to make it, so I don't "have" a recipe.

Kylie