SC - Holiday dreams OT OOP

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Dec 2 11:36:56 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/1/1999 3:15:55 PM Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

<< So period Russian cookbooks do exist then? Titles and locations would go a
 long way in finding out if (or how) they could be made available for
 study.....

 Or am I interpreting his statement all wrong? >>

I think what Paul was trying to express was that cookbooks, based on his
research, were not on the offical list of censored book topics in the Soviet
era.  Wether or not any medieval cookbooks have been studied and re-published
is another matter.  They may have been and just be hard to find, there may be
little interest in publishing that type of book in those countries, or a
researcher can't afford to have their research published.

Noemi