SC - GLAZED LEG OF LAMB

cclark@vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Fri Dec 3 04:13:57 PST 1999

Lilinah biti-Anat wrote:

> I know it isn't Medieval, but i love cranberry sauce in just about any form.
>
> Anyone have some delicious recipes to share? I haven't cooked a
> Thanksgiving meal in around 15 years, so i'm afraid i don't have one
> to share...

My basic sauce is extremely simple: equal parts by weight cranberries
and sugar, with a tablespoon or so of water to help melt the sugar
without burning anything, simmered over low heat until the berries are
mostly burst, which will take maybe 15 minutes or so. It will taste a
tad too sweet, but when it's cold the balance of sugar to acid and
astringent will seem right on the money, for most people.

I tend to spike mine with some sort of orange hooch (Grand Marnier,
Curacao, Triple Sec, etc.)  and/or orange zest.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com