SC - mustard recipes

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 06:33:09 PST 1999

I had forgotten that possible meaning for gruene.  Thirty years of neglect
has left my German in a shambles.  Unfortunately, the local choice for favas
is dried or canned.

Because I used bock, the taste of the beer was strong.  I think the recipe
is calling for a light pilsner, as saffron seems to be used to deepen the
color.  The vinegar does temper the taste of the beer and I think a good
wine vinegar might be preferred.  A different ratio of beer to vinegar and
diluting the condiment with water might improve the flavor.

I will probably experiment with this recipe further and see if I can find
some similar modern recipes to examine the modern proportions.

Bear