SC - latkes

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Dec 3 15:32:43 PST 1999

???? If you are living in California, there are lots
and lots of places where lebkuchen can be purchased.
I have seen it recently in Ralphs, Vons, Pavillions,
and Trader Joes.  I have also seen it at many
privately owned bakeries.  I have also seen it in past
years at CostPlus.  Unless you are living in Death
Valley, I am sure that there must be one or two of
these stores near you.

Thinking about it some more, there is also Alpine
Village, in Torrance; Solvang; and Old Carlsbad, in
San Diego County, where you can purchase some also.

And it is not difficult to make.  There were several
recipes for lebkuchen in Sabina Welserin, if I
remember correctly.

Huette