SC - structural gingerbread

test helen at directlink.net
Sun Dec 5 09:39:08 PST 1999

You said:
>[also any hints on making stained glass windows? I was thinking of using
>a sheet of buttered parchement and piping the 'leading' of royal icing
>and then pouring melted candies in the areas made by the royal icing,
>and then fitting it into cutouts in the castle walls...]

I make a foil outline mold about 1/4" larger than my window cutout, than
use "Jolly Rancher" candies for the actual window.  Once, I used parchment
inside the foil as a stiffener and made three color windows.  You can add a
little black Wilton food coloring and get a very authentic looking "lead."
Good luck.

Prydwen

gryphon at carlsbadnm.com