SC - Assistance Please - Kiev 1300s feast?

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Dec 5 15:44:20 PST 1999

At 12:16 5-12-1999 -0800, Seumas wrote:
>The recipe she used was from a cookbook from the Time-Life series of
>international cookbooks (two books as a boxed set, one being the spiral
>bound recipe book). This was for Germany, IIRC, possible Scandinavian.
>There is a gingerbread house on the cover.

I have it here - *The Cooking of Germany* (Time-Life, revised edition
1977).  The hardback has the recipe for "structural" gingerbread and
directions for making the house; the spiral-bound recipe book repeats these
and also has a recipe for Lebkuchen.

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable