SC - latkes OOP

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 18:04:24 PST 1999

Hi, Brighid - Yes, I'm here but I get the digest (and only log on after work) so I'm
well behind you all.  I was going to ask about the proportions, also, as Gretchen did.
I agree with you that "una clara de huevo fresco" would indicate one egg, and that "una
libra" would be one pound.  I'd probably grind up the sugar as finely as possible in a
mortar or blender.  As someone else noted, the sifting is probably to be sure the sugar
is finely ground.  It's probably difficult to tell if  there is a scribal error anywhere
in the recipe.

Since you know that one egg white and one pound of finely ground sugar are too stiff
and won't let you form spirals, how much of a pound to one egg white _would_ let you
form the spirals?

Alys Katharine, overworked in the modern world