SC - structural gingerbread

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Wed Dec 8 09:25:29 PST 1999

I just did our fall event, and I made this gingerbread also.  I waited til
the last minute to dry the bread, we ended up laying all the slices of
bread out in the kitchen and they dried overnight, like maybe 12 hours and
it made a wonderful gingerbread, although I would make sure I did  the
bread crumbs in a food processor or blender and that they weren't any lumps
in the bread crumbs, they really need to be finely ground.

	Angeline

At 11:21 AM 12/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>By using loaves of normal sliced white bread, that were basically dried
>for a while in the oven, the end product is almost a fudge consistency
>which can be used to make structures out of..... I know this because I
>have.   At an event a few years back, I made a castle out of this stuff,
>wrapping it around coffee cans for the towers (and putting different
>desserts in each tower)  It worked out well...

Lady Angeline di Aquila
Seneschal--Dominion of Myrkfaelinn, Kingdom of Aethelmearc
member of the Order of Keystone
mka Angie Malone
interested in sewing, cooking, and thrown weapons.