SC - The great Christmas pudding experiment. And quinces! [Partial OOP]

cclark@vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Thu Dec 9 08:47:14 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/9/1999 6:38:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> Homemade lebkuchen (modern) tends to be a flat spice cake cut into bars.
>  Period lebkuchen is much like period gingerbread, made from honey and a
>  breadcrumb or flour binder.
>
>  Bear

The recipe I found calls for shaping the dough and baking it on the paper.
The recipe doesn't call for candied fruit, and now that you mention it, it is
like a gingerbread recipe. I got it from Oma, our  landlady's mother in
Germany. I just have never tried to make it before. I guess I could just bake
it on a greased cookie sheet. Should I use parchment paper maybe and peel it
off when the cookies are cool?

Peldyn

Peldyn