SC - Re: .food riddle and query

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Dec 9 20:16:15 PST 1999

Brandu said:
>  I'd say, in this case, that except for the 3% corn Starch
> added to as an anti-clumping agent, regular old confectioner's sugar is not
> an unreasonable facsimile of finely boulted ground sugar.
> IIRC, the particle size is only slightly smaller than that of good milled flour.
> I believe that flour is the same size as or smaller then 2X superfine.
> Why try to mill your own sugar, when you use pre-milled flour?
> Go ahead and use the confectioners sugar.
> Because it is a consistent milling, your results will be more consistent as well.

So, you don't think the added cornstarch would have a noticable effect on
this recipe? I had been staying away from using the powdered sugar after
the comments on this list about it's having cornstarch added. A fact I was
unaware of until discussions here. Are there any particular type os recipes that
would be affected by the cornstarch?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net