SC - Commercial oblaten

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Dec 10 20:08:56 PST 1999

Ras declared:
> ringofkings at mindspring.com writes:
> << I know of several
>  Scandinavian jellies and jams using lingonberry.  I get the impression
>  that they have been used for centuries from various sources. >>
>
> Possibly. But this does not mean that they were exported and used by the
> major population centers of Europe during the middle ages.

Correct. I don't think he implied that. I hope you are not saying that to
cook a particular food or use a particular ingredient in our SCA feasts
it must have been "used by the major population centers of Europe during
the middle ages". That would probably eliminate a lot of foods that I've
seen cooked in the SCA. Probably even those Middle Eastern candies that
Master Cariadoc likes to offer guests. (yum!)

I, for one, would like to hear more about this "used for centuries
from various sources". I seem to remember our previous disucssions
on this berry being somewhat short on definative info and evidence, although
I kept a number of the messages.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net