SC - Help with old recipe (OOP)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Dec 10 20:43:17 PST 1999

- -Poster: <Elysant at aol.com>

> Mince your suet instead of grating it. :-)

>Ok, stup...er, new cook question. What exactly do you mean by "mince"? I
>assume you mean cut up small. How small? What exactly is a "mincer" and what
>does it look like? I may have seen one without realizing what it was or what
it was
>for.

Hello Stefan.

Sorry to confuse you....  I learned about suet puddings in Britain, and
automatically associated the British term "mince" and "mincer" with suet
rather than the term that would be more generally known.

I mean that you'd put the suet through a meat grinder ;-), that silvery metal
kind of thingy that you clamp to the table, which has a handle to turn as you
process the meat or suet through it...   or use a grinder attachment for an
electric mixer.  :-)

The texture isn't too fine.  The suet just looks like a white crumblier
version of the texture of ground (or minced) beef.

Hope that unconfused things now :-)

Elysant