SC - Malted Milk

Jenn/Yana jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 15 14:26:56 PST 1999

Lilinah biti-Anat wrote:
> OK, so it's long past the time to make one, but does anyone have a
> GOOD recipe for fruit cake that DOES NOT involve maraschino cherries?
> and uses more dried fruit than candied fruit? I don't mind some
> candied citron, but those neon red and green cherries make me shudder
> :-) And if it's soaked in some sort of spirits, why that's fine with
> me...

But wait, maraschino cherries aren't the same as the neon red-n-greens,
are they?  I mean, the latter (sold around here as glace cherries)
taste way different to me, in that I don't spit them across the room
in disgust the way I do with maraschino.

Vika
whose husband always gets the cherry on top the sundae