SC - redacting

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Dec 16 03:44:07 PST 1999

Pink Sunshine wrote:

> Greetings,
> I have been told by several different people that potatoes are not period,
> but if latkes are period, how can potatoes not be? The Jews have been eating
> them for centuries and they (the Jews) were in all countries. I would really
> like some clarification. Thanks!
> Chante

Latkes don't have to be made from potatoes. Another common form is made
from matzoh meal, which, in spite of a previous post regarding potatoes,
is in fact generally made from wheat flour. There may be other latke
forms that have become either less common or extinct since the SCA period.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com