SC - Need venison advice!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Dec 16 23:17:56 PST 1999

In a message dated 12/16/99 10:13:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at grin.net writes:

<<
 About 16 years ago, a co-worker gave chunks of fruit cake to everyone
 in the office at Christmas and it was really good. As i recall, there
 was no candied fruit in it, just dried fruits that i suspect had been
 soaked or marinated before going into the cake. It didn't seem to
 have mass amounts of sugar added, as the fruits were quite sweet and
 flavorful enough. It did have flour, and again IIRC, the cake-y parts
 were dark, whether from added spices or fruit juices i don't know - i
 *think* it had spices. When i asked for the recipe, he coyly refused.
 It's possible he bought the stuff somewhere.

 I was hoping someone here might have such a recipe.

 Anahita al-shazhiya

    I've got a very good one--only one I've had that I really like, in fact.
It's actually from a natural foods cookbook from the 70's, and has a variety
of dried fruits, with not a candied thing in sight! (I hate the poor glace'd
cherries, too, but love natural ones.)If I can swing the time, I'll be happy
to type it in, but I've hit panic mode on gifts (I make most of mine--good
excuse to try out new crafts! ;-) ) and am barely even reading mail right

                    Ldy Diana